Monday, February 14, 2011

Off the Creek Poll #1: Grazing a Sedge Meadow

Let's see if we can get some on-line conversation going.  Please respond to the poll I've put up (top right), asking you about grazing a sedge meadow.

Most importantly, please use the "Comments" feature immediately below this post (just click the word), to provide information about why you've responded the way you did. 

Remember, there's no right or wrong.  Everyone brings their own knowledge and experience to this discussion, and each of those is valuable to all of us...

Here's a picture of what I mean when I say "sedge meadow".  I've also put some words describing a sedge meadow below, as a comment.



Thanks for sharing!

1 comment:

  1. What I mean by "Sedge Meadow": a type of wetland that is dominated by sedges...quite often, it surrounds a creek or a slough, but sometimes, there's no recognizable open body of water involved...until you start walking in it. You don't see a lot of woody shrubs like willows growing in the meadow area itself, and pretty much no trees. I've got a photo or two at work I'll post when I get back to the office. Others will likely have a much better definition...please post it!

    ReplyDelete